Friday, January 16, 2015

At The Beach and Some Birthday Cards by Lauren

I live on the Gold Coast, which is known for being a coastal tourist attraction centre, so you would think that when Scrapmatts released a new Marine Life chipboard set I would be all over it, right? Wrong, I rarely head to the beach, largely due to my pale skin which goes from white to red in about 10 minutes flat regardless of the amount of sunscreen I slather on. The chipboard did look adorable though so I eventually remembered I had these photos from a morning stroll I did with friends sometime last year and set to work.
 
 
All the chipboard comes from CB4067 Marine Life 02. I have used seven pieces on this layout and there are still fifteen left in the sheet! The pink/orange pieces have been coloured with Gelatos, the blue pieces with Glimmermist and the seaweed has been left natural in the white mist finish the sheet came in.

 
My second set of projects for the Scrapmatts DT this month are a couple of birthday cards. Chipboard is the perfect embellishment for cardmaking. It is relatively flat, light weight and can easily be coloured to match any colour scheme. I whipped up two quick birthday cards for family members in the past month and they were both very impressed with the results.
 
 
Chipboard for both my frame and sentiment in this earthy card. I used CB1198 Scrapwords 06 and CB6091 Ornate Frames 19. After creating my own patterned paper in this second card all I needed was some glitter alphas and some chipboard chevrons (CB5106 Chevrons 01).
 
 
If you've created a card, or any other project, using Scrapmatts chipboard please come share it with us in the gallery.

2 comments:

  1. Love your layout, Lauren. The colours look amazing! The cards look fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is awesome and stunning Lauren, beautiful cards also

    ReplyDelete